There are many steps we can take to create solutions for perioperative care.
- 8 in 10 hospitals offer anaesthesia assessment before surgery.
- Integrated care for elderly patients happens in several NHS trusts, reducing complications and length of hospital stay.
- Exercise testing - 2 in 5 hospitals use this to assess risk for patients
- Participating in perioperative research - there are multiple ongoing research projects and initiatives which you can get involved in to drive perioperative practice. These include:
- Over 90% of surgical procedures in the NHS involve the WHO Surgical Checklist.